The Family Doctor provides complete Family Practice Medicine, Urgent Care and Primary Care services. We accept most of the major insurances and walk-ins are always welcome.
Our physicians provide primary care for the whole family – patients of all ages, from newborns to the elderly.
We are conveniently located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Walk-in patients are always welcome or you can contact us today to get started with an appointment!
We see a range of medical conditions, including:
- Acute illnesses in children and adults, including cold, flu, abdominal pain and backaches.
- Aging-related illnesses and conditions, for example, arthritis, osteoporosis and dementia
- Gynecologic conditions and diseases, such as irregular periods, UTI, and vaginal infections
- Chronic conditions, including diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and asthma
- Sports-related conditions that include sprains and strains
- Psychological conditions including depression and anxiety
Our office offers a full range of family practice medicine services and treatments for the whole family, including:
- Adult/child wellness and physical exams
- Diabetes education and classes
- Diagnostic laboratory testing
- Geriatric health assessments
- Joint injections
- Minor office procedures, such as toenail removal
- Nutritional counseling, including weight management
- Preoperative evaluation
- Skin biopsies and treatments
- Smoking cessation
- Women’s reproductive health services, including pap smears and evaluations and contraception
- Illness Treatment
For treatments for illnesses such as colds, flu, stomach aches or ear infections, The Family Doctor is your number one choice for fast and exceptional help. Our knowledgeable physicians and medical staff can quickly diagnose your ailments, and provide the proper medications and treatment to get you back on your feet in no time.
Minor Injury Care
Did you know that 80% of all Emergency Room visits can be treated at The Family Doctor? Not all injuries require a costly trip to an emergency room.
When your child is ill, you want access to the most convenient and comprehensive care possible. From common childhood illnesses like influenza, bronchitis, rashes or infections, to minor injury care for cuts, lacerations, sprains or breaks, bring your son or daughter into The Family Doctor where our exceptional staff will care for your family like it is their own!
From physicals for schools, sports, employment and much more, The Family Doctor can offer comprehensive physicals that meet state, school or employer requirements.
Effective January 1, 2013: The Family Doctor will no longer provide DOT physicals due to changes in laws. Any patients interested in obtaining a DOT physical should search for a certified healthcare professional in order to obtain this service.
Offered daily, physicals are available for children, teens or adults for a number of different needs such as:
- Sports Physicals
- School Physicals
- Employment Physicals
- Camp and Daycare Physicals
- Insurance Physicals
- X-Rays and In-House Lab Testing
Podiatry patients are seen by appointment on Wednesdays in Chapel Hill.
Podiatry services include:
- General & Sports Podiatry:
- Foot & Ankle Injuries
- Sports Injuries / Overuse
- Sprains & Strains
- Nail & Skin Problems
- Corns, Calluses and Plantar Warts
- Nail & Skin Problems
- Foot & Heel Pain
- Tendonitis and Arthritis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Surgical Podiatry:
- Bone/Joint Disease of the foot
- Ingrown Nails
- Other Podiatry Services:
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Extra Depth Shoes
- Custom Made Shoes
- Sports Medicine
- Shockwave Therapy
We know that you want a one-stop shop for all of your immediate medical needs. That’s why The Family Doctor offers in-house x-rays and lab testing to make obtaining your results as quick as possible. Visit our Chapel Hill location whenever you need a quick x-ray or test. You’ll be in the best hands around!
Walk-in patients are always welcome or you can contact us today to get started with an appointment!